In July I was asked by Be:Eco to write a blogpost on their site! I wrote about how I make my homemade toilet fizzies and I thought I`d share it here as well!
It is nice to have a environmentally friendly alternative to cleaning the toilet, other than products filled with all sorts of nasty chemicals. You can make your own toilett fizzies at home that only contains 4 ingredients that you may probably already have in your kitchen cupboards. They cointain baking soda (removes odour), Citric Acid (disinfects and helps remove stains), Castille soap / or other dishwashing liquid and lemon essential oil.
They are easy to make, and makes washing the toilet easy peasy. Through a couple in, let them do the job for a few minutes and wash away with the toilet scrubber.
You will need:
DIY TOILET FIZZIES
Written by Lena Isaksen, 18.08.17
Sponsored by Be:Eco
1. Measure and mix baking soda and citric acid so that it is completely free of lumps. I have used sodium bicarbonate food grade, but recommend purchasing baking soda with technical grade for this purpose since you need quite a lot.
2. Add lemon essential oil while you stir. I spend a little more than 30 drops. It smells heavenly! You can also use other essential oils, for example, peppermint or lime.
4 Pour into ice cube trays, and push them down thoroughly with your fingers. I recommend using trays that you do not use in cooking later. I have bought mine at the local thrift store.
6. Store in airtight container, or glass jar!
3. Then add castille soap - a few drops at a time. Stir well. Instead of castille soap, you can use other detergent.
5. Leave to dry for 6 to 24 hours (depending on the temperature) before you remove them from the mold.
You can read this recipe in norwegian here!