Sponsored by lovely Be:eco. They sent me lots of goodies to play around with! This resulted in a new recipe for body butter!
My previous recipe contains a lot of cacao butter, which gives a lovely chocolate scent. Check it out here.
This time I have made a body butter with more neutral scent, making it easy to adjust with essential oils so you get a perfect scent just for you!
This recipe will fill three 120 ml jars / 360 ml!
You will need:
- 20 drops vitamin E oil
- Essential oil (optional)
My second body butter recipe!
1. Melt cocoa butter, shea butter and coconut oil over a double boiler. Stir constantly.
2. Add sweet almond oil, jojoba oil and vitamin E oil and let it cool down in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. Then place in fridge so it will harden completely. About 15 minutes.
3. When it has turned solid, whip with your mixer.
4. You can add essential oils in this step, I think peppermint would be lovely! I recommend adding oils that suits you! I made one with mandarin essential oil, one with peppermint and one without essential oil this time.
5. Fill in containers and enjoy! I have used brown glass jars. It will melt in high temperatures, so I recommend storing the body butter somewhere chill!
Written by Lena Isaksen, 04.10.17