It´s only a few days until Christmas, and if you are anything like me you still have a few gifts left to wrap and figure out.
So I thought I share this recipe with you, it is easy and fun to make and are great little gifts to give away.
I started making my own lip balm after reading articles about store-bought lip balm containing ingredients that are not good at all. So I did some research and made a bunch of lip balms with very different results before ending up with this recipe that I loooove!
This recipe will give about 50 ml.
You will need:
20 g Shea butter
20 g Coconut oil
20 g Beeswax
1 tsp Jojoba oil
1 tsp Vitamin E-oil
30 – 45 drops peppermint essential oil
Make your own lip balm with only a few ingredients.
2. Melt shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax in the double boiler. Stir, and don´t let the water boil.
3. Once it is melted together take it off the heat and place it on a kitchen towel to dry of. Add jojoba oil and, the vitamin E oil.
4. Add the peppermint essential oil. I like to make it with 40-45 drops because it gives such a fresh feeling to the lips. I recommend doing a little taste test as you go, by simply taking a teaspoon and pour one drop on the back of your hand. Let it cool and test it on your lips. If the balm hardens before you get to pour it into the container, just heat it up on the double boiler until it melts again.
5. Once you are happy with the result, pour the balm over to the containers and place them somewhere cold like the refrigerator. Let them cool completely down before placing the lid on.
Written by Lena Isaksen, 20.12.17
I shared this recipe in a blog post I wrote for Be:Eco earlier this year. If you want to read the original blog post in Norwegian, you can read it here.
1. Wash the containers you want to have the lip balm in and make sure they are completely dry. I like to use cute little metal boxes that fit 10/15 ml, but you can use what you got.