The fall is here any minute now, and it´s time to preserve all those lovely fresh herbs in your kitchen garden so you can enjoy them for a little while longer!
It´s a great option to freeze the herbs instead of drying them, especially since not all herbs can be dried. Whenever I want some extra flavour to a dish I´m making it is just to pop one in!
Use what you got and get creative! Not all herbs are good frozen but rosmary, thyme, chives, basil, parsley, oregano, cilantro, crushed garlic, are great to freeze!
You can also use olive oil or coconut milk instead of butter!
My favourite options are:
Chives + garlic + butter / olive oil
Coriander + coconut milk
Oregano + thyme + garlic + butter
You will need:
- Your selection of fresh herbs
- ice cube tray
- butter/oil or coconut milk
1. Melt butter, and let it completely cool down.
2. Chop your herbs and place them in the ice cube tray.
2. Pour the butter over the herbs, and place it in the freezer. Keep the herb butter in the freezer for when you need it!
Written by Lena Isaksen, 18.08.17