Since going into a lifestyle with less waste, I have tried to use up all the products I have, and replacing them with more sustainable and skin friendly options.
I made bodybutter from recipes online before, but with no luck - so made my own from scratch! And I LOVE IT!
You will need:
- 100 g Coconut oil
- 70 g Cocoa butter
- 60 g Sweet almond oil
- 30 g Shea butter
- apx 30 drops jojoba oil
With lovely chocolate scent!
1. Melt cocoa butter, shea butter and coconut oil over a double boiler. Stir constantly.
2. Add sweet almond oil and jojoba oil and cool in refrigerator until it has cool down. Then place in fridge so it will harden completely. About 30 minutes.
3. When it has turned solid, whip with your mixer.
4. You can add essential oils in this step, I think peppermint would be lovely! I have chosen to not add this to just enjoy the rich chocolate scent from the cocoa butter instead!
5. Fill in containers and enjoy! It will melt in high temperatures, so I recommend storing the bodybutter somewhere cold!
Written by Lena Isaksen, 01.07.17